Channabasaveshwara Institute of Technology (CIT), runs under the auspices of Sri Channabasaveshwara Swamy Rural Education Society, was established in the year 2001 with the objective of providing quality technical education. The Institute is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Belgaum, approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi and recognized by Government of Karnataka. The Institute is accredited by NAAC and ISO 9001:2015 Certified. CIT is the proud recipient of “Most Promising Engineering Institution” Award during Leaders Conclave 2018, “Excellent Engineering Institute In Rural India” Award during National Education Summit and Awards 2016 and “Excellent Engineering Institute in Rural Area – Karnataka” Award during National Karnataka Education Awards & Summit- 2014. The Institute is located near Gubbi, Tumkur, around 80 KM from Bangalore on National Highway 206. The Campus spreads across 60 Acres of lush green land with beautiful landscaping. The area enjoys pleasant atmosphere throughout the year. Students and staff adore the meticulously maintained campus and welcoming natural surroundings which itself is an inspiration to learn and excel.
• CIT has emerged as a brand of' quality technical education in Tumakuru District of Karnataka State, making the Institution a preferred choice of students and parents. This is evident from our track record of admissions for UG Programmes, consistently filling up all the seats.
• IQAC (Internal Quality Assurance Cell) to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution and to promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through best practices.
• Applies a Management System in line with the ISO 9001:2015
Standard with the scope of "Imparting quality education in Technical and Management leading to Graduation, Post Graduation, and Research Degree".
• Accredited by NAAC with B+ grade
• Ten University ranks in last five years with two Gold medals
• Excellent university results though the input qualities of the students admitted are below average.
• Received grants to the tune of Rs.30 Million from the Government of
Karnataka and various funding agencies for undertaking research in various disciplines
• Filed 17 Patents for various innovations
• More than 70 student projects are sponsored by Karnataka State Council for Science and Technology and 4 student projects Selected for AICTE-ECI-ISTE Chhatra Vishwakarma Awards
• Established ‘Centre for Creativity’, funded by Vision Group on Science and Technology (VGST), Government of Karnataka, with an aim of nurturing students’ creative ideas
• A new initiative, ‘CSE for CIT’ to increase the IT prevalence in the campus where the faculty members are encouraged to develop IT tools that find application within the campus.
• Products development through the research wing CITRIS (Centre for Information Technology & Research in Interest of Society), promoted by CIT.
• Effectively functioning chapters of reputed Professional Bodies including Institution of Engineers-India (IEI), The Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE), Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), Computer Society of India (CSI), Society of Automotive Engineers-India(SAEIndia)
• Enhancing Students Skills through collateral programs offered in association with reputed industries including CISCO, Skillsoft, Mentor Graphics, Pro-CADD, EduCADD
• CIT - Youth Empowerment Cell is established on the campus with the objective of creating adequate opportunities/platform for youths for their self-development
• CIT - Women Empowerment Cell to empower the lady students in all aspects and to cater to their needs.
• Entrepreneur Development Cell for infusing entrepreneurial spirit among student communities through the Central Government Schemes.
• Arranging frequent faculty development programs, workshops, seminars, symposiums, hackathon, Industrial visits, Domain-specific training programs, project exhibitions and Hands-on training programs to nurture creativity and scientific temperament in the students.
• Orientation Programme to facilitate the academic, cultural and social adjustment of the first year commencing students.
• English lab to focus on functional English to cater to the needs of the students with our own product Sententia, Formal writing helper.
• Regularly organizing bridge/refresher/Add-on courses for the benefit of students
• Implemented Moodle, as a Learning Management System that enables faculty to create their own site filled with dynamic courses that extend learning, anytime, anywhere.
• Established NPTEL Local Chapter through which the video contents are made available on the college’s LAN for easy access and the students can register for the courses of their choices and get certificates from IIT/IISc.
• The Institution is a part of the e-Learning initiative of Visvesvaraya Technological University in enriching knowledge and empowering education through implementing the Virtual Interactive e-Learning platform “VTU e-Shikshana”.
• Visvesvaraya Technological University recognized CIT to attend the Students Queries of all Affiliated colleges of the University through the Open Source Odoo Ticket Management System
• ‘Eunoia labs’ – start-up promoted by the faculty members of CSE, currently developing products and services in the domain of Education.
• Memorandum of Understandings with Industries to conduct Certification Courses and Training Programs in the institution premises.
• Proctorial system through which the progress of the students are monitored closely by assigning a set of students to each faculty member
• Free Engineering Education @ CIT to encourage students from the economically weaker section with good academic background through CIT-CAT (Common Admission Test)
• The Scholarship section of CIT facilitates students to avail the scholarships from the government and various private organizations
• Best outgoing student award in each department
• Free professional society memberships to meritorious students
Placement and Training:
• The department of Placement and Training was established in the year 2003
• The department has State-of-art infrastructure for conducting placement drives on the campus.
• Placement trainings are conducted regularly to prepare the students to meet the industry requirements
• Our major recruiters include Wipro, Infosys, Cognizant, TCS, Mphasis, Tayana Software Solutions, SLK Software, Mu Sigma, GBOX, Speridian Technology, Accuvate, Tek Systems, Accord, SCII, Bitwise, VIT Infotech, Subex, Peol solution, Lowe's, Scientific Games, NTT Data, Quinnox, Trianz, Zoho Corp, HDFC SALES, S & P Global, Shriram Transport & Finance, Eleation, PRDC, Gill Instruments, Quest Informatics, DHIO Research & Engineering Pvt ltd, ABC for Technology Training.
N.H. 206, B.H. Road, Gubbi, Tumkur 572 216
(Near Bangalore), Karnataka, India.
Channabasaveshwara Institute of Technology
Mobile:0816-4021402 / 403 , 9449637043, 8867354168