About GSSS Institute of Engineering and Technology for Women (GSSSIETW)
Geetha Shishu Shikshana Sangha(R) is the outcome of the vision and initiative of Late. Prof. B.S.Pandit former Professor, from SJCE Mysuru. The main vision of founder SecretaryLate Prof B.S.Pandit was to provide quality technical education to women. Under the tree of GSSS(R), there are various institutions catering to the education needs of pre-primary children to doctoral research. GSSS(R) is a non-profit organization focused towards value addition in terms of providing best of infrastructure and services for the cause of education.
The Main Vision of the GSSS institute of Engineering and Technology for Women (GSSSIETW) is to become a recognized world class Women Educational Institution, by imparting professional education to the students, creating technical opportunities through academic excellence and technical achievements, with ethical values""
GSSSIETW offers 5 B.E Programs in Engineering viz., Electronics and Communication engineering, Computer Science engineering, Information Science engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, and Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering branches and 2 M. Tech Programs in Digital Communication and Networking and Computer Science Engineering and MBA program, all affiliated to VTU, Belagavi. The institution has established Research Centres in the department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Information Science Engineering, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
GSSSIETW has 19 faculty members with Doctorate degree. The institution has been accredited with GRADE “A” by the National Accreditation Assessment Committee (NAAC). All departments have professional forums like CSI, ISSA, IEEE, IETE, ISTE and ISOI. Students have secured University ranks and received gold medals during the academic years 2014-15, 2015-16 & 2016-17,2017-18 and 2018-19.
GSSSIETW has bagged the following accomplishment to its credit:
1. Recognized host institute by MSME, Govt. of India, New Delhi, for supporting entrepreneurial and managerial development of SMEs through incubator
2. Received Gold and Bronze Medals in CSE and EEE disciplines respectively during the NDRF Project awards in October 2018
3. Established Institution Innovation Council in association with AICTE & MHRD, New Delhi
4. Recognized NI Lab View Academy School of National Instruments since December 2018
5. Bagged 15 University Ranks till date
6. A grand felicitation of the finest Educational institutions of Karnataka. The Hindu Group felicitated the educationists on a common platform titled ""The DOYENS-Guardians of Knowledge"" award in 2017
7. Secured 48thPosition in top 100 Private Engineering colleges in India, as surveyed by one of the esteemed newspaper The New Indian Express
8. Best Accredited Student Branch Award"" by Computer Society of India for two consecutive years 2016 & 2017
9. Ranked 9 th position among Top-20 Emerging Engineering colleges in India, in annual survey conducted by Higher Education Review Magazine -2016
10. Bagged 10 Rank in ""Top-10 Emerging Engineering Colleges 2014"" , by Higher Education Review Magazine
11. Outstanding Women Institute of IT in Karnataka from National Karnataka Education Summit & Awards 2014
12. The institute has been awarded Silver medal in QS gauge in the Nationwide Indian college and University ranking system
13. The 5 UG Programs of the institute is NBA accredited by National Board of Accreditation
14. The institution has been accredited with GRADE A by the National Accreditation Assessment Committee (NAAC)
15. The Institute has successfully organized IEEE International Conference ICEECCOT during 2016, 2017 & 2018 and Springer International Conference on Adaptive Computational Intelligence during 2019 & 2020
GSSS Institute of Engineering and Technology for Women (GSSSIETW), Mysuru and has signed Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) with many companies to bridge the gap between the industry and institute .Through these MoUs the departments conduct workshops and technical talks on latest cutting edge technology to upgrade the knowledge of students in the recent advancements of technology.
GSSSIETW believes in overall development of the student apart from the academics. In this regard, the institution has dedicated Cells to ensure overall development of the personality of the individual. There is a committed Entrepreneurship Development Cell (ED Cell) to promote entrepreneurial mindset among the students Through ED Cell, 10 Entrepreneurship Awareness Camps are conducted with the support of DST-NIMAT and more than 1000 students are trained.
KRS Road, Metagalli, Hebbal Industrial Area, Mysuru, Karnataka 570016
Dr. Shivakumar. M,
GSSS Institute of Engineering and Technology for Women,
Phone: 91 - 821 - 4257304/ 2581304/ 2977306
Fax: 91 - 821 - 2581305